If pride in workmanship and service with integrity are important to you, you'll enjoy a career working with the experts at Hannay Reels. Click on the positions below to see available career opportunities with the leader in reel manufacturing.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Elaine Hannay Gruener at email@example.com or mail a hard copy to:
ATTN: Elaine Hannay Gruener
553 State Route 143
Westerlo, New York 12193-0159
Senior Design Engineer[ OPEN / CLOSE ]
- Design and optimization of hose reels, cable reels, and related (primarily metal) components.
- Creatively improve existing products and propose new ones by keeping current on new technologies, materials, and industry developments.
- Evaluate designs for reliability, economy, performance and safety.
- Work with sales engineering group on customer drawing or technical specification requests.
- Work with shop personnel on resolving manufacturing issues.
- Offer troubleshooting support for customers over the phone and through e-mail to resolve technical or mechanical issues.
- Work with vendors on correcting non-conformance and quality issues.
- BS or AS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing.
- Practical mechanical skills, demonstrated through hands-on work experience or hobbies.
- Experience and/or deep familiarity with machine tools and tooling.
- Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD and/or Solidworks.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Evidence of creativity and hands-on mechanical ability in past work experiences or through current projects, hobbies or interests.
Always accepting applications for Various Factory Positions[ OPEN / CLOSE ]
- Hourly position for $50+ million manufacturer of industrial hose and cable reels
- Full-time (plus possible overtime) at Westerlo, NY metal fabrication plant
- Experience favored in one or multiple areas:
- Metal Fabricating
- Paint (spray finish)
- Shipping / Forklift Experience
- Use of Power Tools & Metal Fab Equipment
- General Math Skills
- Tool & Die Experience
- Factory Maintenance
- Overall Mechanical Ability